Wednesday, November 30, 2016

As November comes to a close

I have won NaNoWriMo 2016. Not by a lot of words, though I can add a bit to my count by the end of the day.

It's an interesting process, trying to make yourself write 50,000 words in 30 days. I usually have a few really good days where progress is easy and a few really bad ones where each word is a struggle. The average day has good and bad moments.

I may or may not participate in 2017. At this point, I have 6 novels written. Only one of them is truly publisher ready. So my real goal for 2017 is to get at least two more novels to the point where I can let others read them.

I may also start a search for an agent. While I have a list of publishers who

  1. Accept fantasy novels
  2. Take unsolicited manuscripts
  3. Have an entirely online process for them
It would be nice to have an agent. Granted, they take a cut but they should be able to find markets for manuscripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment