Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Web Site revamp

Well, the new look version of my ancient domain is complete.

The old version looks like



Which is very dated. I really hadn't felt like dealing with it since I was also dealing with a corporate web site. I no longer have other people's sites to maintain so updating my own seems like a great idea.



This is the new look. It's using Bootstrap - which has easy to use code for many features. Bootstrap is responsive by design - the pages will work well on phones to desktops.

I am thinking that I should add a background image just for a bit of visual interest but I don't need to worry about it yet.  It's one of those things that can be done later.

I'm ditching most of the old content. It's going to be on the new server (mostly) but not referenced by my pages or updated to the new look. That way links to those pages don't break but I don't have to update reference pages that might have nearly all broken links.





No comments:

Post a Comment