Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nearing the end of NaNoWriMo

So, in my part of the world, it's Sunday the 27th at 10:54 pm

I have complete 46K words for the novel, I have a mere 4,000 words to go.

This is the first time I ever tried to write a 50K novel in 30 days. It's been an interesting experience.
But to some extent, I never would have made it without taking 2 weeks off work. I can base that on two problems
  1. it was pretty rare for me to just 'go for broke' typing. I kept going through ideas in my head working through things and that's not in the NaNo spirit.
  2. if you are going to write a novel in a mere month, it really is a good idea to have a solid picture of the main events, the major characters. Give everything names, write up sheets about them and get to know them IN ADVANCE. Cause if you don't, problem 1 kicks in again. 

2 comments:

  1. You've done great! And you only have one full on red day on your calendar! lol

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, only one red day but there was a lot of yellow. Each of those represents too little progress for a day.

    But there is a good bit of green for the past two weeks.

    I'm glad they fixed the calendar style widget, it's the most interesting.

    ReplyDelete