Thursday, September 14, 2006

Music of the week

Best Film Classics 100


This is a massive 6 CD collection of classic music that has been used during films. If you've been pondering the idea of purchasing some classic music and have no idea where to start, this is a good sampler. A number of the classic composers are represented in the collection (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc.) Plus newer composers who write classic style music are included. John Williams has a number of pieces on the CDs.


The pieces vary in length from about 2 minutes to 7 minutes. Each cd contains 15 to 18 different tracks. There's one CD that I don't imagine I'll listen that often to, it's Opera and I'm not much of a fan of that.


My copy was under $20 from JB HiFi in Brisbane. Definitely an excellent deal for this much music.


BTW - welcome Friendless, the third regular reader of this blog that I know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment